Wednesday 3 March 2010

Castlecliff School is making the most of ICT for CIH, plus Ali’s Rant

It was great to visit Mary Dean’s Castlecliff School Computers in Homes class with Ian Jamieson, our technical support provider and tutor, on Tuesday night. The class are over half way through their 20 hours training and we will be holding their graduation celebration on Tuesday, 30 March - YAY!!!.

The class has been setting up Gmail email accounts using video tutorials via YouTube. This is a double whammy for our learners. As well as getting good tips for Gmail, they can go back to these links to recap, plus they get to see how useful and engaging YouTube really can be.

Ian and I were ‘blown away' with the class and are really looking forward to their graduation on Tuesday, 30 March J

On a personal level, I am currently undergoing a self imposed performance development audit and am using the frameworks from “The Winner’s Bible” by Dr Kerry Spackman (http://www.winnersbible.com), and “Creating a professional Development Plan”, which has been developed with inspiration from NASA’s guidelines and “America’s Top Career Coach”, Robin Ryan. If it is their best shot, maybe some/a lot of it can 'rub off' on me. Click this link to download the document: http://net.educause.edu/section_params/mentoring/M06_%20PDP.pdf ;-) Hah, I hope this helps me be the best I can be to make a difference for us all!!!

I am writing this today after attending our monthly Wanganui CIH Project Steering Group Meeting. We are so lucky to have such a strong group of people to govern our project. Today was our 36th meeting, and as usual it was an inspiring opportunity to obtain a balanced, focused and well considered perspective from which to manage and coordinate CIH and Stepping UP for Wanganui.

I am truly privileged and grateful for all our steering group members’ contributions. Often, I am way out of my comfort zone to explain what I/we am/are doing, but when I have to put my hand over my heart and do it, then it sorta flows thanks to their wisdom in fleshing out the important dialogue.

No comments: